All consignments dimensions and weights are accurate and every single one is clearly numbered, addressed or labeled if required.
It needs to include:
- Full name, address, floor and receiving contact name (phone number optional)
- Multiple consignments need to be marked in numeric order i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.
- Some consignments will need to be labeled
How to calculate weight and dimensions:
There are 2 ways a truck can measure the capacity it is carrying
Dead Weight – The actual/real weight of the package
Cubic Volume – The volume weight or the size of the package
CUBIC WEIGHT FORMULA
Multiply the Height (H) x Length (L) x Width (W) = M3 (Cubic measurement) .CM X .CM X .CM =M3
To convert this into kilograms: M3 (Cubic measurement) x 250
Keep in mind
If you cargo is on a pallet or a different sort of packaging you must include this in your cubic weight calculation as it forms part of the freight.
If the cargo is an unusual shape, the greatest points must be used. Calculate with an imaginary box around the item.
Round up all kgs to the next denominator E.g. 40.3 kgs will be rounded up to 41 kgs
We suggest that all dimensions and weights be calculated at your send out point in order to avoid any additional charges.
How should I package my item?
We know how important it is that your parcel arrives safely and undamaged. Packaging items carefully gets them off to a good start.
- Choose a good quality box A double walled box, especially for deliveries that contain fragile items, secured appropriately is best.
- Choose the right sized box Boxes that are too small could mean the contents get lost. Boxes that are too large are likely to collapse if another parcel is placed on top of it during delivery.
- Protect your items Bubble wrap, packing peanuts, foam, and newspaper can all be used to protect your items.
- Wrap each item in the box individually When sending multiple items within one box it’s recommended that each item is wrapped individually. This offers better protection for your items and reduces movement.
- Seal the parcel with packing tape Seal all open edges of the parcel with wide parcel tape on both the top and bottom of your package to ensure it doesn’t open during transit.
- Labelling your parcel Always use clear, accurate address labels on your parcels.
Conditions Of Cartage
Selective Courier Services carries all goods at the customers risk and subject to
our Terms and Conditions. Please familiarise yourself with our Terms and
Conditions prior to sending any goods.
- Length to be below or equal to 0.5 metres
- Weight to be below or equal to 25 Kg
- Length to be below or equal to 1.2 metres
- Weight to be below or equal to 500 Kg
- Length to be below or equal to 2.4 metres
- Weight to be below or equal to 1000 Kg
- Length to be below or equal to 4.2 metres
- Weight to be below or equal to 80 Kg